Schools, Parks, Harbors & Zoo
Schools, parks, harbors, and zoo are housed in the CPS-CPD bargaining unit at SEIU Local 73. The unit:
- is the 2nd largest union in Chicago Public Schools. Our members are special educations classroom assistants, school security officers, bus aides, custodians, and parent workers who offer vital support to thousands of CPS students, their parents and community every day.
- is the largest union in Chicago Park District with members who work in a number of diverse roles including rec leaders, inclusion aides, park supervisors, security officers, and attendants. Our members offer needed programs, classes, and support to the community.
- represents members in the titles of security officers, theater technicians, and museum clerks at the DuSable Museum of African American History. They are dedicated to serving the cultural and educational needs of the community.
- members at Westrec Marina handle fuel docks, ship’s stores, boat repair, and maintenance.
- members at Lincoln Park Zoo work in a number of diverse roles including animal keeper and veterinary technicians. They provide quality care to the animals at the zoo while ensuring memorable experiences for thousands of visitors year-round.