Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at SEIU Local 73, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for opportunities that are available. In general, we accept resumes for available positions only. Current vacancies will appear on this site.
Please note: Due to the high volume of submissions, SEIU Local 73 cannot provide confirmation that your application or other application materials have been received. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by SEIU Local 73 staff.
Based in Chicago, IL
The Field Organizer, under the leadership of the Division Director or equivalent supervisor, implements strategy and plans for worksite leaders to respond positively and pro-actively to today’s challenges and opportunities in the workplace.
- Applies plans for internal worksite leader recruitment, internal membership recruitment, contract campaigns that achieve positive results for the membership and involve large numbers of members, and worksite issue problem resolution.
- Help develop issues and demands for contract campaign under supervision of Division Director. Develop and maintain positive relationships with labor management representatives.
- Ensures contract compliance through initiating and monitoring grievance procedure, advancing through appropriate steps in accordance with timelines and other relevant contract provisions.
- Ensures meeting political campaign goals in membership participation, COPE signups and recruitment of member political organizers.
- Participate in a team with other staff, under the direction of the Division Director or Coordinator, as a team and individually, to set goals, create plans to meet those goals and ensure accountability to those plans.
- Engage Executive Board members and worksite leaders in the application of the division’s goals.
- Integrate strategic campaign functions, politics and new organizing for the local’s growth into the daily work in the field.
- Participate in local wide mobilization efforts, new member events, unit meetings, leadership conferences and other multi-team activities.
- Provide effective feedback that assists the further development of division strategy and implementation.
- Maintains complete, accurate and well organized files and official records for inclusion in the membership database, master file, grievance and collective bargaining files.
- Provides Member Resource Center staff with updates of events and information that members and worksite leaders need.
- Other duties as assigned and directed.
- 1+ years or more of advocacy and/or organizing work.
- College degree or equivalent life experience.
- Current valid driver’s license, working automobile and valid auto insurance, cell phone.
Competitive salary, health insurance, defined benefit pension, car allowance.
Please send résumés to Donna DePhillips, email@example.com,