Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at SEIU Local 73, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for opportunities that are available. In general, we accept resumes for available positions only. Current vacancies will appear on this site.
Please note: Due to the high volume of submissions, SEIU Local 73 cannot provide confirmation that your application or other application materials have been received. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by SEIU Local 73 staff.
SEIU Local 73 Communications Fellowship
The SEIU Local 73 Communications Fellowship is designed to give communicators at the beginning of their careers a chance to have real life experience on the front lines of communications in the labor movement. Our staff mentors the Fellow as she/he works alongside our staff to develop and implement leading communications strategies to move forward our vision of dignity and worth of all workers.
Not your typical internship, SEIU Local 73 Communications Fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications. The Fellowship program runs for 3 months and is a full time position. We are currently recruiting for the first quarter in 2018. The Fellow receives a $9,000 stipend during her/his participation. Submission deadline is Friday, December 29.
The Fellow will assist with the following key responsibilities:
- Develop a digital strategy to increase online engagement, including site upkeep, sign-ups, actions, social media followers, etc.
- The development and release of all web content and social media posts to ensure timeliness and message consistency.
- Monitor the search engine optimization of the website and produce monthly reports on all digital channels to help analyze the effectiveness of digital initiatives and guide the development and creation of future initiatives.
- Manage email production, including design, copywriting, editing, data, deployment, etc.
- Maintain overall email list(s) health with the goal of deepening member engagement.
- Build and manage an email calendar that accommodates multiple stakeholders and helps achieve the Local’s goals while ensuring deadlines are established and met.
- Perform other duties as required to support departmental goals.
- BA or BS, MA or MS in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or related field in the process or recently completed.
- Exceptional writing skills as well as verbal and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to understand and tailor messages to an audience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
To apply, submit a CV, a brief writing sample, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Jesús Canchola Sánchez at email@example.com.