We are pleased to announce that after more than 2 ½ years of tough negotiations your Unit 2 bargaining committee and the City of Chicago have reached a tentative agreement on our Unit 2 contract! The complete terms and changes in contract will be sent out for all members to review soon. The highlights of the contract include:
- 4 ½ year contract terms from 1/1/2018 – 6/30/2022.
- 10.5% wage increase with retroactive increases back to 1/1/2018.
- Improvements for Part-time workers including sick and bereavement time.
- Opportunities for Crossing Guards and TCAH’s employment in each classification.
- Expanded bereavement leave.
- Retention of IOD pay for Crossing Guards.
We will be conducting a series of virtual meetings to explain all the changes in the contract. The dates and times are as follows:
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11am-12pm and 6-7pm
- Join meeting on Wednesday, August 12 at 11am CLICK HERE and enter meeting ID 861-135-8461.
- Join meeting on Wednesday, August 12 at 6pm CLICK HERE and enter meeting ID 861-135-8461.
Thursday, August 13, 2020 11am-12pm
- Join meeting on Thursday, August 13 at 11am CLICK HERE and enter meeting ID 861-135-8461.
Friday, August 14, 2020 11am-12pm and 6-7pm
- Join meeting on Friday, August 14 at 11am CLICK HERE and enter meeting ID 861-135-8461.
- Join meeting on Friday, August 14 at 6pm CLICK HERE and enter meeting ID 861-135-8461.
We will be holding in-person voting on contract ratification at various locations on August 17,18 and 19. We will follow up with detailed information on locations and times. We have a small window to get contract ratified so it can be sent to City Council to approve.
I want to thank our bargaining team for all their hard work and passion in advocating for the members of the Public Safety Unit of City of Chicago. We look forward to seeing everyone on calls and in person.