Lincoln Park Zoo workers vote to approve wage reopener. Below is the summary of the contract:
- Effective April 1, 2019, all bargaining unit members shall receive a 2% increase in their current wages.
- Effective April 1, 2020, all bargaining unit members shall receive a _2.5% increase in their current wages. In addition, all bargaining unit members shall receive a lump sum payment of $250 by no later than December 31, 2020.
- All part-time and full- time bargaining unit members will receive the full base rate for their position.
Filling Vacancies and Probationary Period
- The Society will attempt to hire temporary keepers within 14 days of someone being on an extended leave.
- Regular Part-Time is defined as anyone who works 20 to 34 hours per a week.
- Part-time and Full-time employees are on probation for 6 months.
Conferences and Uniform
- April 1, 2019: $12,500 for fees and $10,000 for airfare or other transportation costs.
- April 1, 2020: $13,000 for fees and $10,000 for airfare or other transportation costs.
- The Society has agreed to revise the uniform policy to include 1 pair knee-length steel toe rubber boots to be a part of the uniform.
Leave Abuse and Tardiness
- If an employee demonstrates a pattern of leave abuse, defined as unscheduled absences that follow a consistent pattern (for example, frequent absences adjacent to “X” days or frequent absences adjacent to scheduled time off), the Society may require the employee to provide medical documentation to substantiate the absences.
- New Section: Tardiness is defined as not being at the assigned location at the scheduled start time, dressed and ready to work. If the Society has reason to believe that an individual employee has an excessive number of tardiness, the Society will meet with the employee to determine the reasons for the employee’s tardiness. This meeting will occur prior to a determination of whether the employee should be disciplined.
Discipline and Discharge
- The Society will provide the Union and the Stewards all relevant documents and time to review it prior to a fact finding meeting.
- Within 10 days the Society will notify employees of the Society’s knowledge of infraction or infractions by an employee that could lead to a fact finding meeting.
- Within 10 days of a fact finding meeting the Society will provide its written decision.