We are united behind the following priorities:
- Better pay for all employees
- Increased dignity and respect
- No more subcontracting County jobs
- No takeaways of any kind
Hundreds of members have filled out bargaining surveys to help shape the proposals we have presented at the table. Based on these surveys and with added input from your bargaining committee made of your colleagues, proposals have already been presented in these areas:
- Continuing education and training: 100% reimbursement of tuition and fees for up to 3 approved courses per year.
- Shift differential pay: more per hour between 2pm and 7am and more for all weekend hours.
- Hazardous duty pay: more per hour for employees who work in dangerous environments like the jail.
- Pay for additional work due to short staffing: more per hour for employees who work short staffed.
- Pay for lead work: more per hour for decision making duties not found in our job descriptions.
- Increased vacation leave
- Safer parking at Stroger: employees allowed to park in the attached lot for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Provided uniforms: County will provide required items to all employees, including: 5 sets of uniforms, safety shoes and gloves, safety gear and winter seasonal wear.
- Clear language on 5 minute grace periods without penalties, 8 hour work shifts, signing up for overtime opportunities and 14 day advance written notice for schedule changes.
These are only proposals and to win these items (and more) all SEIU Local 73 members need to get involved. Our bargaining efforts are strongest when more of us are active and engaged in fighting for improvements.
You can get involved and help win a strong contract by calling 312-961-5772.