We have an opportunity to take action together on May Day – International Workers’ Day – to resist the attacks against workers and our values and to rebuild our communities and our Union.
Local 73 members will take action for May Day in several exciting ways and are planning rallies in Chicago and Champaign-Urbana. We want to demonstrate our resistance to the attacks against our Union and our values, and our commitment to rebuild our communities and the labor movement.
- 8 a.m. – Rally before school, Hanson Park Elementary, 5411 W. Fullerton, Chicago
- 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Rally outside UI Hospital, 1740 W. Taylor
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. – Rally at the UIC Quad, 750 S. Halsted
- Noon – Rally at Will County Courthouse, 14 W. Jefferson St., Joliet
- 1 p.m. Rally at Union Park: 1501 W. Randolph, Chicago
- 2 p.m. March from Union Park to Daley Plaza: 50 W. Washington, Chicago
- 4 p.m. Mass Rally at Daley Plaza
- Noon Rally on the Quad of UIUC
BY TAKING ACTION ON MAY DAY – WE WILL JOIN TOGETHER WITH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WORKERS TO RESIST THE THESE ATTACKS AND TO REBUILD FOR A BETTER FUTURE!
Local 73 encourages all of its members who are not scheduled to work or who are able to take the day off work to attend the events in Chicago or Champaign-Urbana. Local 73 members can take the day off work by taking an approved vacation or personal day, as per their collective bargaining agreements. However, Local 73 members should not strike on May 1. Please contact us if you have any questions about this. Park at the Local 73 office at 300 S. Ashland and we will march together shortly before 1 p.m.!
Take pictures at the March and Rally and post them to our Facebook page or text your photos to 312.480.2947!